Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Day 35

So the kick ass cover letter may actually have done its job. I sent it to a company that had no jobs listed on its website I was even remotely qualified for and Presto! A week later, I get an email from them asking me if would like to have a phone interview with them. Now I won't get into the fact that this company is less than half an hour from my house and 5 minutes from all the other game companies in Hunt Valley but I guess they need to protect themselves from the average psycho game developer who might, if give an in person interview, lose their minds and go on a rampage, knocking over action figures and tearing down Guitar Hero 2 posters from random cube walls. But there is nothing about a phone interview that physically prevents the candidate from calling the director of HR a skank ho so it still has its risks.

Still no written offer and to appear as if I was not obsessively checking my email every 5 minutes I spent the morning cleaning out my inbox and organizing a list of all the job applications I have sent just in case the unemployment people decide to come check up on me. It is amazing how many people have been offered the benefit of my vast array of talents and yet have not even bothered to reply. I can only assume they are paralyzed by my brilliance.

No comments: